Monday, July 18, 2005

Done, and I totally know who the half-blood prince is

Okay. Wow. I just finished HPATHBP, and it was by far one of the best books I've read in years.

I couldn't make myself slow down at the end, I had to know what was happening as fast as possible! It is such a fantastic story, the intelligence behind the writing is unbelievable. And, even though I'm at work, I even cried a bit at the end. (Not because it was over, which is a bit sad, but because a major character that I liked had died.)

J.K. Rowling has tied this series up and prepared the reader for the final book, the last chapter in the Harry Potter saga and I can't wait to see what comes next! There were things in this book (the sixth) that I'd wondered about since the first, she's just that good of a writer.

I must admit that after I finished reading, I had a thought I was kind of ashamed of. What if Rowling dies before she finishes the series? I selfishly hope that she's left some sort of plans for the seventh and final book somewhere, just in case. Crude, I know, but it would be horrible for her to die period, but it would be truly horrible for her to go without getting to finish what she started. She claims to have not told even her husband what she's got planned for Harry and Co., but who knows. I'd have a backup somewhere outlining the details, then again, she may not want anyone to finish it for her.

I think I'm going to go re-read it now ...

No comments: