Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Devil in the Disc

Being a big fan of the four or five music channels we have on Awesomo-5001, I was watching when they previewed the latest from Springsteen, "Devils & Dust," and was excited to get the album when it went on sale. Not download it for free, illegally, which I totally could have done, but buy it.

So when I spotted it at Sam's last night for cheap, I pounced. When we got home, I was delighted to discover a new opening mechanism for the CD case. No more wondering if you had the right side up, you just push a button on this little smartie to get to your CD.

On the CD we bought, was a flip side that was a DVD. We didn't pay much extra for this and it was the only version available at the store, so we didn't think much of it. Little did we know that when we put it in our IMac, it would only be recognized as a DVD. This means we couldn't put it on ITunes and download the songs to our Ipods. Way to go, because we paid a tiny bit more and got the "fancy" version, it's so copy-protected that we can't even download them to our own computer. Really makes me rethink that whole illegally downloading the CD thing. I looked online and I'm evidently not the only one experiencing this problem. Had we bought the UK version we wouldn't have had this problem.

I was so mad. Luckily, as much as I like this CD, it's not like it's the next Harry Potter book or anything. I mean, I want to ask Springsteen what was up with "Reno?" What was the point? Did he just want to write about anal sex?

I will probably live without the album on my IPod, or just download it.

Also, I love scones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weird. I got the "Dual Disc" version and I was able to import the audio portion into my Mac.

Caught a show on the current D&D tour and it was great. Agree with you on Reno, however. A real WTF moment.

Give "Long Time Comin'" and "Jesus Was An Only Son" another listen.